Wednesday 25 August 2021

52 Tags Challenge - Tag 32

 

Tag 32 by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 
Tag 32 and the prompt was to learn about another embroidery stitch. This one was Lazy Daisy stitch. I have always struggled with this stitch as my perfectionist brain is happiest when each part of the stitch is accurately placed around its circular shape. I am rarely successful in achieving this and I do like how Anne's approach to Lazy Daisy stitch leave nice large loops for each section. 

I had fun using threads of a different thickness for my flowers and tried out full and half sided flowers. I also tried out one of Anne's suggestions for using one section with a fly stitch and a bullion stitch but was not happy with how it turned out so I added many french knots to this section. French knots can be so useful to disguise mistakes in your stitching.

Have you stitched with a Lazy Daisy stitch? What have you made? Please leave a comment sharing your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment