Thursday 26 August 2021

52 Tags Challenge - Tag 33

 

Tag 33 by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 
Tag 33 and the prompt was "flags" and in the video Anne described this tag as fiddly flags. This was a week where I struggled to work on my tag and ended up doing it just before the next video was released.

I started with the bottom flag and before adding it to the tag it only had the two layers of fabric with some fly stitch on the woollen strip. Once on the tag I added the little felt heart that had some running stitch and loose french knots added to it with the same silk thread as I had used to couch on the silk fibres for the top flag. 

That top flag was a little piece of batting to which I had couched some silk fibres quite a while ago and was just waiting to be used. The little heart on the end of this flag was a small piece of my free motion fibre experiments with some more loose french knots attached. I am loving using those loose french knots - they cover a multitude of sins 😁

The selvage edge flag looked very plain so it gained some lazy daisy stitching and a little bit more free motion fabric to jazz it up.

Once they were all on the tag the right side looked to bare so on went a left over piece of my ORT fabric and then the top right looked bare so I found a tiny orange split pin in my card making supplies and added that with a little pen drawn flower peeking out.

Online I saw some great flags from fellow tag makers. There are so many interpretations for each weekly challenge being shared by the word wide participants.

What would your flags look like if you were creating this tag? Please leave a comment sharing your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment