Sunday 7 November 2021

52 Tags Challenge - Tags 38, 39, 40 and 41

 Oh dear, blogging took a little bit of a back seat for a while.

I am still working on the 52 tags challenge and have managed to keep up with most of the weekly challenges.

The challenge for Tag 38 was Reverse Applique. I procrastinated with this one for a while as my tags are small and I had trouble visualizing any design that would fit. We also needed to save our cut out pieces for the next tag. My pieces were very small so I was a little worried about the next tag.

Tag 38 - reverse applique by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 

Tag 39 and the challenge was Applique. We were challenged to create this tag using pieces cut from our reverse applique tag. Again I procrastinated while I looked at the tiny pieces I would be working with. I eventually went with a simple design that could apparently be interpreted in different ways. When I shared it with some friends one saw a farm gate and another saw Napoleonic grandeur.

Tag 39 - applique by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 

Tag 40 and the challenge was " Something Yummy". Anne used yarn as the basis for her tag. I took an opportunity to look at some of the silk fibres I had been collecting and had a small piece that I had knitted, as per some ideas shared by Dale Rollerson from the Thread Studio. I folded and sewed this into a yummy envelope for my tag and added a free motion embroidered leaf to the little pocket created by the silk envelope.

Tag 40 - Yummy Silk by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 

Tag 41 and it was a stitch week - Bullion Knots. Anne revisited this versatile stitch that can be a little daunting to achieve an even stitch. Her approach of adding many different bullion knots worked with different weighted threads adds great depth to a piece of stitching. I chose a piece of fabric for my background that was hand coloured with Inktense pencils and went with many shades of blue. I found it very difficult to get a photograph that showed the different blues and turquoise threads that were in this tag.

Tag 41 - Beautiful Bullions by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 

It was fun just to start in the middle of a shape and grow it outwards with different sized bullion knots. There was no plan and the hardest decision was when to stop adding more.

Are you a stitcher? What is your favourite stitch? Please leave a comment sharing your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment