Thursday 8 July 2021

52 Tags Challenge - Tags 26 & 27

 Still loving the challenges set each Friday by Anne Brooke. Two more tags completed and we are more than half way through the challenge.

Tag 26 was a live Instagram and Youtube feed and fortunately the time zones aligned nicely and I was able to watch as Anne described the challenge for week 26. Thank you, Anne, for sharing your time and ideas so generously.

Tag 26 - Medal by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 

The prompt for Tag 26 was to create a medal on a tag. This was to celebrate getting to the halfway point in this challenge. I was a little stumped with this one but thanks to the sharing by many others on Instagram and Facebook an idea came to life. I crocheted some Sari ribbon around a plastic washer and added this to folded ribbon with a coiless safety pin at the top. On the ribbon I added some very tiny bullion knots over the edge, cross stitches, French knots and Pistil stitch as a nod to the stitches we have learnt over the previous 25 weeks. At that stage the bottom looked OK but I wanted to add more. By sheer chance one of my buttonhole stitch covered rings fitted exactly in the middle section so I sewed that in. One of the larger buttonhole stitched rings fitted over the top of this - giving the bottom section quite a bit of dimension. Lastly I added the tatted butterfly that I made when learning needle tatting and that was it. Medal completed and added to some straight stitched backing fabric to represent my discovery of slow stitching and rediscovery of hand embroidery.

The livestream by Anne also contained an extra challenge for week 26. Anne asked us to re-create our favourite tag and post it off to her. Whoo hoo - does she really know how overworked her local postie is going to be over the next few weeks! An Instagram or Facebook search for #52tagshannemademap will show all the shared tags that are being posted to Anne. I had another go with the Bunch of Flowers challenge as I had so much fun creating that one. This time for the pot I used a piece of my fabric created with washaway stabilizer. This involved sewing all over some wool roving, silk tops and wool scraps with free motion stitching. I had watched some videos from the Thread Studio and these were my inspiration.

Tag for Map by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 

Tag 27 and the prompt was Beaded Tassels. This challenge asked us to created a tag covered with tassels made from beads. I am so pleased to be a crafting collector as the stash has been searched through almost every week. Beads were looked through and I had great fun with no real plan. Just a riot of coloured beads on strings.

Tag 27 - Beaded Tassels by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 
Now waiting to see what Tag 28 will involve and watching Instagram and Facebook to see all the tags arriving at Anne's. Which tag would you re-create to send? Have you joined in with the challenge? Please leave a comment sharing your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment