Thursday 24 June 2021

Finished Attic 24 Seashell Stripe Blanket

 

Crochet Blanket by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 
I have been working on this blanket for about two two years on and off. It languished in the UFO section for quite a while last year in amongst work pressures and lots of stuff happening on the home front. 

Got stuck back into it in the last few weeks and have declared it finished.

It is the seashell pattern created by Attic 24 for her Dune blanket. I have used mostly Bendigo Woollen Mills yarns and started off with their RFW special which was a wool, alpaca and bamboo combination but then as it grew I realized I needed more yarn and added random stripes from my stash. I started with chain of 310 so that it would hang down the sides of a queen size bed. As the intended bed had a wooden foot end I did not plan for it to hang down from the end of the bed and I wanted it to stop at the pillows rather than cover the whole bed. I was unsure about adding the border but am glad that I did as it does look much better with the border finishing the edges.

It was a very easy pattern to work with and I enjoyed creating the random stripe pattern as I went along. I snuggled under it as it was made - warm and cosy indeed!

Even had some lovely winter sunshine days where I could sit outside and add more rows.

Winter Sunshine Crochet Days by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 

Blanket Almost Done by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 

Now to think about the next blanket. I do love the seashell pattern so maybe another one but this time in cotton yarns.

What do you think? do you have a favourite crochet blanket pattern? Please leave a comment sharing your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment