Thursday 8 April 2021

52 Tags Challenge - Tag 14


Sorting Ideas by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 
Again a terrific video prompt from Anne. The challenge this time was titled "A Treasure and a Pocket". This was a chance to think carefully about what could go in a pocket on a tag to be looked at and revisited at a later date. The treasure could relate to a place that was also special.

For me the place is now our home. We have built our forever house at a property that has been dear to us for a very long time and the beaches that we love are near at hand. So rather than add a physical beach treasure I decided to use one of my favourite colour palettes again - sea colours. It was fun to think about how to represent the beach, the treasures collected at many beaches and relive the memories of many trips to the beach as I collected fabrics, lace, threads and paper.

Thanks to Anne's suggestion, in the video, I went with creating some paper ephemera to add to my pocket with images and words that had significance to me. The dragonfly - that I try desperately to photograph when they flit from place to place and also for its symbol of strength, courage and happiness as we settle in to the new rhythms of our days. Feathers - as I have collected many over the years and for the Emily Dickinson quote about hope.

Tag 14 by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 
I had fun with my Inktense colours and lace again and used the little scrap of lace in the corner to represent beach waves. Added some Liberty lawn for contrast. Used some metallic thread and fly stitch to add a tiny bit of bling. I very much enjoyed playing with some silk threads for the stitching and added some to the little tag with the dragonfly. Painted the feathers and dragonfly as part of the whole process and this was great fun to play around with using the shape of the brush to create the shapes on the paper before adding fine pen details.
Tag 14 with filled pocket by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 
What treasures would you put in a small pocket? Is there a place that holds a special place in your heart? How would you represent it? Please leave a comment sharing your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment