Friday 3 June 2022

Temperature Stitching

Have you seen some of the fantastic temperature blankets being shared online? They record the daily temperatures of a place over time.

I was inspired by these to start a temperature stitching. My stitching will record the daily maximum and minimum temperatures for the year.

Temperature Stitching by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
Each row is 7 days of data and each vesica piscis is a record of the maximum daily temperature and the lines surrounding the vesica piscis are a record of the minimum daily temperature.

I created a key with each colour representing a band of temperatures and have created spreadsheet to work from so that if I get a little behind with the stitching I can come back to it later.
Temperature Stitching Key by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
As I stitch, it is great to see the colour changes occurring as we move through the seasons. Hopefully I will keep up and by the end of the year will have a colourful record of our daily temperature changes over time.

Have you ever created a temperature blanket? What other data could be used to create a stitching record over time? Please leave a comment sharing your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment