Thursday 25 February 2021

Playing with Watercolour

 Lots of time to revisit things I love as we settle in to our retiree life.

I have time to look through my accumulated stash of books, e-books and bookmarked videos to learn and play with pencils, paints, threads and fabrics.

Tonight it was a video by Ruby Tuesday Art that sparked some play with watercolours. She has some great instructional videos that led to an explore of creating dragonflies.

Watercolour Play by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 

Dragonfly Tags by MrsSOnline is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 

First up was some brush pressure play to create leaves. Then there was some play with an idea that came from an art journal I created with a class one year to end up with some dragonflies. Once the watercolour was dry I added some sparkle and then drew my black repeated stroke outlines. What do you think? 

So one video led to brush stroke play that led to tag creation and a little bit of fun. A great way to end a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment